Last week our long-planned Demo Days on the island of Crete were finally a fact! We have had many inquiries about demonstrating ONDO to Cretan farmers since last year, but Covid postponed the visit a couple of times. Well, finally we made it.
Our demo team Ilia Iordanov and Ivaylo Enev had two very busy days on the southern part of the island – in the greenhouse-packed region of Ierapetra – doing demo presentations, meeting local farmers and potential partners. We are glad to have obtained tons of useful information about the greenhouse automation needs of the local farmers and trust we can use this information to our best when offering ONDO solutions on the Cretan market, together with our future local partner for the island. We have also met several potential partners, and are certain that ONDO will have a distribution partnership in Crete very soon.
What were our key takeaways from the demo visit?
- We saw that many greenhouses have a high level of automation, and got the farmers’ feedback about the positives and negatives of the automation solutions used
- Farmers we talked to, despite having automation, were interested in ONDO automation and how it can boost their productivity even further
- We got lots of feedback on the full set of ONDO solutions we presented
- We met with potential partners on the island and are looking forward to continuing the conversation with them
- We received a lot of support from the locals, including the local farmers association – both in terms of organising this event, and meeting as many farmers and potential partners as possible
We want to thank everyone who joined our demo events and contributed to making this event successful for us! Many thanks to Hotel Astron at Ierapetra for the perfect organization, to Angelos Sfyrogiannakis for the translation to Greek and to Michalis Viannitakis – General Secretary of the Farmer’s association of Ierapetra, for all support. We also want to thank our partner for Northern Greece Thomas Moschos for his invaluable support with translating the marketing materials in Greek and local referrals made.
We are looking forward to seeing the first Cretan farmers benefiting from the ONDO automation solutions for irrigation, fertigation and climate control!
Here we share some photos from this event: